Jun 18, 2009
The Fatherless Daughter radio interview with guest Jonetta Rose Barras, Whatever Happened to Daddy’s Little Girl? author, columnist and DC Politics radio host (WPFW, Tuesdays @ 11 am) Jonetta Rose Barras speaks about the Impact of Fatherlessness.
• What happens to girls who grow up without their father?
• How does it shape their growth, life choices and relationships?
• For those who mourn or rage at this loss, where is the healing?
Reinventing Dad radio interview with guests Professor Mark Anthony Neal, father and author of New Black Man, along with hip hop musician, educator and father, Bomani Armah (Peek-a-Boo, Read a Book, Grown Ass Man), discuss how men and families can benefit from the reinvention of fatherhood.
• How does our concept of masculinity inform fatherhood and how does it confine fathers?
• What role is there for fathers who cannot provide materially for their children/ families?
• How does feminism fit into fatherhood?